TEXT WISH TO 70111 TO DONATE £3 A MONTH
Race to the King
Event Type:Running, Walks, Ultra Challenge Series
Registration fee:From £30
Event date:15th Jun 2024
Write your own piece of history in the heart of the South Downs as you chase the King from ancient coast to sweeping ridges.
Whether you are a first time Ultra runner or a hardened professional, there is something to test everyone in this ultra-accessible ultramarathon challenge. You will be treated like royalty on your journey with fully stocked pitstops and tireless support from the crew and medics.
This is a challenge for all, inclusive of all ages, experience, and fitness levels. Whether you’re a seasoned runner, patient plodder or weekend walker – take on 100km in one go, or 50km in one day via the coast or castle.
Select Make-A-Wish UK as your "participating charity" and we'll cover the cost of your event place.
Pay a registration fee of £40 and fundraise a minimum of £500.
50km Coastal or Castle
Pay a registration fee of £30 and fundraise a minimum of £300.
How we'll support you
- A free #WishHero top and fundraising pack
- Access to our online training hub and app
- Regular support emails, key information and fundraising tips
- Any fundraising materials you may require
- Dedicated member of the Events Team to help
Support from the Organisers
- Training programme tailored to all levels
- Fully signposted trails through heritage sites, AONBs and along National Trails
- Fully stocked pit stops, hot meals, showers, drinks and sports nutrition
- Bag transport to the finish
- Qualified medical personnel at all pit-stops & medical clinics at basecamp & finish points
- Individual chip timing throughout the event
- Finisher’s medal
Why take on Race to the King for Make-A-Wish UK?
By supporting Make-A-Wish UK and becoming a #WishHero in the 2024 Race to the King, you'll be transforming the lives of children like Danny from Oxford. He wished to be a King for the day because he read so many of the Horrible Histories books in hospital. It was all made possible because of #WishHeroes like you.