TEXT WISH TO 70111 TO DONATE £3 A MONTH
Race to the Stones
Event Type:Running, Walks, Ultra Challenge Series
Location:Lewknor to Avebury
Registration fee:From £40
Event date:13th Jul 2024
About the Event
Have you got what it takes to conquer the oldest path in Britain? The Ridgeway has endured 5,000 years. You just have to last 100km. Find out for yourself what draws 3,000 people from around the world each year to follow in the footsteps of Romans and Vikings in their quest to reach the ancient stone circle at Avebury.
This is a challenge for all ages, experience and fitness levels. Whether you’re a seasoned runner, patient plodder or weekend walker – choose to camp over the weekend, take on 100km in one go, or 50km in one day. Grit and determination will get you to the finish and secure those memories to last a life-time.
Select Make-A-Wish UK as your "participating charity" and we'll cover the cost of your event place.
Pay a registration fee of £50 and fundraise a minimum of £500.
100km 2 days & Camping
Pay a registration fee of £70 and fundraise a minimum of £500.
50km Day 1 or Day 2
Pay a registration fee of £40 and fundraise a minimum of £300.
How we'll support you
- A free #WishHero top and fundraising pack
- Access to our online training hub and app
- Regular support emails, key information and fundraising tips
- Any fundraising materials you may require
- Dedicated member of the Events Team to help
Support from the Organisers
- Training programme tailored to all levels
- Fully signposted trails through heritage sites, AONBs and along National Trails
- Fully stocked pit stops, hot meals, showers, drinks and sports nutrition
- Bag transport to the finish
- Qualified medical personnel at all pit-stops & medical clinics at basecamp & finish points
- Individual chip timing throughout the event
- Finisher’s medal
Why take on Race to the Stones for Make-A-Wish UK?
By supporting Make-A-Wish UK and becoming a #WishHero in the 2024 Race to the Stones, you'll be transforming the lives of children like Danny from Oxford. He wished to be a King for the day because he read so many of the Horrible Histories books in hospital. It was all made possible because of #WishHeroes like you.