Text WISH to 70085 to donate £3 per month
Great North Run
Run the Great North Run as part of our #WishHero team and together, we'll create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
About the Event
Take part in the Simplyhealth Great North Run, the world’s biggest Half Marathon, and help make magical memories for children who need them most.
Starting in Newcastle upon Tyne, the 13.1 mile route will take you through the city centre towards the River Tyne. You'll be one of thousands of runners crossing over the iconic Tyne Bridge where, if you're lucky, you might get a glimpse of the Red Arrows passing overhead. The route is lined by thousands of enthusiastic supporters and you'll be cheered on every step of the way!
The route leads runners to South Shields where at the top of Prince Edward Road the view of the sea is one of the most welcoming sights along the whole course.
Sign up for the Great North Run directly through Make-A-Wish here. Pay a registration fee of just £15, raise a minimum of £350 in sponsorship and be a part of team #WishHero for 2020!
If you have a ballot place directly with the Great North Run and would like to join our #WishHero team, you can! Sign up here, set your own fundraising target and receive all our support along the way!
How we'll support you
- A free Make-A-Wish technical running top
- Access to our online training hub; for training, injury and nutritional advice
- Support emails and lots of running tips
- Digital Fundraising pack, sponsorship forms and all the materials you may require
- Dedicated member of the Events Team to help with any queries
- Loud #WishHero cheer point
- #WishHero post-race reception in the charity village
Why run for us in the Great North Run?
By becoming a #WishHero in the Great North Run, you'll be helping to transform lives for children like Sebbie, whose One True Wish was to go have a pirate party on a real ship.