Text WISH to 70085 to donate £3 per month
Boost your donation to Make-A-Wish by 25%
Did you know you can boost your donation to Make-A-Wish by 25%?
Gift Aid is a scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax on a donation made by a UK taxpayer, which means your donations will be worth 25% more to us at no extra cost to you.
If you Gift Aid your donations, we can claim back 25p from the government for every £1 you donate to Make-A-Wish UK. That's more money to help us grant wishes! And even better still, if you’re holding an event or being sponsored to undertake a challenge, you can also ask your sponsors to Gift Aid their donations. It really is win-win.
How to Gift Aid your donations?
- Submit your Gift Aid Declaration online
- Download a Gift Aid Declaration form
- Find out more about Gift Aid from HMRC
If you are a higher-rate tax payer you can also claim additional tax relief. For higher rate tax payers (paying tax at 40%) this works out as 25p for every £1 you donate and for the highest rate tax payers (paying tax at 45%) this works out as 31p for every £1 you donate.
What we need to claim Gift Aid
- Your full name and home address
- A donation made from a personal bank or building society account
- We can't claim Gift Aid on donations from company accounts. The donation must be your own money and not the proceeds of a collection.
- For you to be paying income tax or capital gains tax which at least equals the amount Make-A-Wish UK and other charities and community amateur sports clubs will claim in the appropriate tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next). This is currently 25p for every £1 you give.
- Using the declaration form, we can claim Gift Aid on all your donations in the last 4 years and all future donations.
- Once you have become a Gift Aid donor, please let us know if you stop paying tax or if you change your name/address so that we can update our records.
If you have any questions about Gift Aid, we're happy to help – give us a call on 0118 304 2775 or email email@example.com.