How to set up a birthday fundraiser on Facebook
Thanks for sharing your birthday with us. Its easy to set up a birthday fundraiser on Facebook.
Inspire your friends with your passion for children’s wishes by sharing your special day with us. A Facebook fundraiser posted to your timeline tells your friends and family what matters to you on your special day. It doesn’t have to be instead of cake and cards – you can have those things too.
Your fundraising is as important as ever – 2000 children’s #WishesAreWaiting. Coronavirus has impacted wishes as well as everything else in the world we live in – we care that our children are kept safe so can’t grant any wishes right now. When we get back in the swing of things, we’ll start granting wishes again and need your help to be able to do this.
We’d love to share your special day with you and thank you in advance for thinking of us.
Set up your Fundraiser
- Visit the Facebook page.
- Select your chosen cause – we are listed as Make-A-Wish UK.
- Choose how much you’d like to raise.
- Decide when you’d like your birthday fundraiser to end (it will start as soon as you finish this process).
- If you click next, you’ll be asked to give your fundraiser a title. Don’t worry you don’t have to get creative – Facebook will suggest some language for you!
- You’ll be asked to explain why you’re fundraising. Facebook will suggest something for you which you can adapt, keep or replace.
- You’ll then be asked to choose the photo you would like to use – this will show you the gallery of pictures we at Make-A-Wish have used before – so pick one you like and just simply click ‘Create’.
That’s it! All you have to do is share it with your friends and connections. When your fundraiser ends, you don’t have to do anything at all – Make-A-Wish will receive the funds you have raised without you needing to do anything.
You might like to drop a note to your friends and thank them for their generosity.
Still have questions?
If you have questions about how it works, the Facebook page where you set up your fundraiser has answers to some frequently asked questions.