London Landmarks Half Marathon
Event date:29th Mar 2020
Event time:From 9am
Important Event Announcement
In light of the Government’s most recent advice in relation to mass events and COVID-19, the London Landmarks Half Marathon has sadly been postponed.
The event organisers are working really hard with the local authorities to try to secure an alternative date for LLHM 2020. In the meantime, they've launched a solo, virtual challenge to help you raise the vital fundraising Make-A-Wish and other charities need from LLHM 2020 in the coming months.
Right now - when more children need our support than ever before - the cancellation of some of our flagship events due to the coronavirus puts around £1m of our fundraising income at risk. This puts our ability to grant children’s wishes under threat.
Run the Local Landmarks Challenge for Make-A-Wish UK
1. Register for the Local Landmarks Challenge here. The challenge is open to everyone, whether you have a place in LLHM 2020 or not, and distances over 5K qualify for the challenge.
2. Run your solo Local Landmarks Challenge. This can be in one go, or a number of runs over multiple days!
3. Record your run(s) on a tracking app such as Strava, Garmin, RunKeeper etc.
4. Submit evidence of your solo run(s) by the 3rd May via the link in your registration email.
Charity Place registrations are now closed, but you can still join the #WishHero team as an Own Place runner!
If you were lucky enough to secure a ballot place, then why not use your place to run as an own place #WishHero? You can set your own fundraising target and still receive all of our support listed below.
About the event
The London Landmarks Half Marathon is a closed road central London run. This event is not your average half marathon! It will celebrate London’s wonderful culture and heritage, and runners and spectators will discover London’s ‘quirky & hidden’ secrets.
13,000 runners will start on Pall Mall, finish by Downing Street and have fabulous views of London’s most iconic landmarks including Big Ben, St Paul’s Cathedral, Nelson’s Column, the Shard and the London Eye.
Mile markers will reveal quirky facts, from London’s biggest grasshopper to where the bowler hat was invented. Experience Roman-themed water stations and be cheered on by suffragettes at the London Landmarks Half Marathon.
How we'll support you
- A free Make-A-Wish technical running top
- Access to our online training hub; for training, injury and nutritional advice
- Support emails and lots of running tips
- Digital fundraising pack, sponsorship forms and all the materials you may require
- Dedicated member of the Events Team to help with any queries
- Loud #WishHero cheer point
- Post-race reception
- Private Team Facebook group
Why run for us in the London Landmarks Half Marathon?
By becoming a #WishHero in the London Landmarks Half Marathon, you'll be helping to transform lives for children like Emilia, whose One True Wish Wish was to meet the Queen's Horse Guards.
Everyone has a different reason for running the London Landmarks Half Marathon - read about some of our 2020 #WishHeroes below.