Great North Run
Already have your own place?
Join our Run for Wishes team here! You can set your own fundraising target and you'll receive all the support below.
How we'll support you
- Post-race reception with massage, food and drink
- Cheer points
- Race Day PR and photography
- A hi vis technical t-shirt for training
- A Make-A-Wish technical vest or t-shirt for the day, with iron-on letters
- A full training and nutritional programme
- Support emails and running tips
- Fundraising pack and sponsorship forms
- A dedicated member of the Make-A-Wish Events Team to help with any queries
About the event
Take part in the world’s biggest Half Marathon - and help make magical memories for children who need them most.
Starting in Newcastle upon Tyne, the 13.1 mile route will take you through the city centre towards the River Tyne. You'll be one of thousands of runners crossing over the iconic Tyne Bridge, where if you're lucky, you might get a glimpse of the Red Arrows passing overhead. The route is lined by thousands of supporters and you'll be cheered on every step of the way!
Date: Sunday 10th September 2017
Start: Newcastle upon Tyne
Distance: 13.1 miles
The route, lined by thousands of supporters, leads runners to South Shields where at the top of Prince Edward Road the view of the sea is one of the most welcoming sights along the whole course.
The Make-A-Wish team and communications were fantastic. A real privilege to be able to raise money for you and complete the run.
David, runner, Great North Run 2015.
Why run for us?
Taking part in the Great North Run helps grant life-changing wishes for children like Khayyam: