Thames Valley Game Stars Company Recruiter
Time commitment: Several hours per week during January/February 2020.
Why we need you
This is a brand-new type of fundraising for Make-A-Wish – one that we hope will be more relevant to companies in the Thames Valley tech sector than more traditional types of fundraising. In order to make this event a success we need to sign up as many teams as possible. We need your help to reach as many companies as we can in the local area.
Make-A-Wish UK grants life-changing wishes to children with critical illnesses. A wish gives a desperately ill child and their family time away from the daily struggles of living with a serious condition. Since 1986, Make-A-Wish has turned the wishes of more than 14,000 seriously ill children into realities – creating memories to treasure forever, whatever the future may hold.
We are looking for volunteers to help us recruit companies to be part of our innovative new fundraising event – Thames Valley Game Stars. We’re looking for companies from the tech and other sectors, based in and around the Thames Valley to hold computer games events in their offices to raise money for Make-A-Wish. To encourage a bit of healthy competition amongst businesses in the local area, which ever company raises the most by the end of March 2020 will be crowned Thames Valley’s top Game Stars! We need help approaching local businesses to sign them up to take part.
What will I be doing?
- You will be updating your local Fundraising Manager of your progress and the
- You will be identifying companies in and around the Thames Valley area to approach to recruit to hold an event.
- You will be identifying the most appropriate route into the company.
- You will be making contact with companies to sell in the idea of Thames Valley Game Stars
- You will be signing companies up, encouraging them to follow the sign-up process
What skills and attributes do I need?
- You will be comfortable with sales/recruitment
- A knowledge of the Thames Valley tech sector would be preferable
- An interest in/knowledge of computer games
- Fantastic communication skills
- Great organisation skills
Communication, influence, initiative
How much time do I need to commit?
Recruitment of companies will mainly be focussed between January and February 2020, with a concerted initial push in January.
This will take several hours per week – depending on how much time you have available. Research can be done out of hours, calls, face and face to face meetings would probably be within normal working hours.
What support will I be given?
- Induction training
- Ongoing support from dedicated volunteer manager
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses for travel
What will I get from volunteering?
- You’ll get to make contacts in the tech sector in the Thames Valley
- You’ll have an opportunity to develop your sales skills
- You’ll have flexibility to manage the time you give around your current commitments
- You’ll be instrumental in developing our new fundraising product
Where will I be based?
You’ll be home based but occasionally meeting companies in your local area.
If you would like an informal chat about this role, please contact the Volunteering team on 0118 304 2777.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested where required
Make-A-Wish is committed to attracting and recruiting diverse candidates as it’s important that our trustees, employees, ambassadors and volunteers reflect the communities we serve at every level within the organisation.
All volunteer roles are subject to an informal interview and two satisfactory references.
Apply for this volunteer opportunity
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer role, please complete the following application form and we will be in touch shortly.