Lake District Challenge
Event Type:Walks, Ultra Challenge Series
Distance:25km, 50km and 100km
Registration fee:From £3.75
Minimum sponsorship:from £119
Event date:13th Jun 2020
Event time:From 9am
Walk it, Jog it or Run it. Just go for it! Take on the Lake District Challenge as part of our #WishHero team and together, we’ll create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses!
Pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we will cover the cost of your event place! Get 50% off your registration fee until the 29th February using the code 50MAW.
Pay a slightly higher registration fee, fundraise a bit less and we will pay the balance of the event place cost. Get 15% off the standard reg fee by using the code NEWMIXED.
Pay the full cost of the event place and fundraise whatever you want. Get 10% off your registration fee by using the code NEWSELF.
For full details of prices and to sign up – CLICK HERE
About the Challenge
New for 2020 – Walk, Jog, or Run the Lake District Challenge and take on England's finest countryside at your pace. Test yourself on a fantastic Ultra Challenge - suitable for all experience levels - and you'll get the best support & hospitality all the way.
The Challenge Base Camp is in Kendal. From there it's a 100km anticlockwise loop taking in a couple of tough hills, Ambleside, a half way point by Lake Windermere, forests and nature reserves - with some stunning views en route - before a huge welcome and celebration back at Base Camp after a momentous journey.
- Join as Individual or Team
- Full, Half or Quarter Challenge Options
- Rest Stops - free food & drink
- Medics, Massage and Pace Walkers
- Medal, T shirt and a Glass of Bubbly!
- Walk, Jog or Run at your pace
- 2 Day Full 'Daylight' Option
- Camping Options Available
- Pre-Event Training Support + App
- It's Your Challenge - Your Way!
How we'll support you:
- Free Make-A-Wish Technical T-Shirt
- Access to our online training hub; for training, injury and nutritional advice
- Support emails and lots of fundraising tips
- Digital Fundraising pack, sponsorship forms and all the materials you may require
- Dedicated member of the Events Team to help with any queries
Why walk, jog or run for us in the Lake District Challenge?
By becoming a #WishHero in the Lake District Challenge, you'll be helping to transform lives for children like Ben, whose One True Wish was to go Kayaking with Steve Backshall.