Text WISH to 70085 to donate £3 per month
Lake District Challenge
Event Type:Walks, Ultra Challenge Series
Distance:25km, 50km and 100km
Registration fee:From £3.75
Minimum sponsorship:from £119
Event date:13th Jun 2020
Event time:From 9am
Walk it, Jog it or Run it. Just go for it! Take on the Lake District Challenge as part of our #WishHero team and together, we’ll create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses!
About the Challenge
New for 2020 – Walk, Jog, or Run the Lake District Challenge and take on England's finest countryside at your pace. Test yourself on a fantastic Ultra Challenge - suitable for all experience levels - and you'll get the best support & hospitality all the way.
The Challenge Base Camp is in Kendal. From there it's a 100km anticlockwise loop taking in a couple of tough hills, Ambleside, a half way point by Lake Windermere, forests and nature reserves - with some stunning views en route - before a huge welcome and celebration back at Base Camp after a momentous journey.
Pay a small registration fee, do more fundraising and we will cover the cost of your event place! As we are an official Charity Partner, you get 25% off the standard reg fee.
Pay half the event place cost, fundraise a bit less and we will pay the balance. As we are an official Charity Partner, you get 10% off the standard reg fee.
Pay the full cost of the event place and fundraise whatever you want with no set target.
For full details of prices and to sign up – CLICK HERE
- Join as Individual or Team
- Full, Half or Quarter Challenge Options
- Rest Stops - free food & drink
- Medics, Massage and Pace Walkers
- Medal, T shirt and a Glass of Bubbly!
- Walk, Jog or Run at your pace
- 2 Day Full 'Daylight' Option
- Camping Options Available
- Pre-Event Training Support + App
- It's Your Challenge - Your Way!
How we'll support you:
- Free Make-A-Wish Technical T-Shirt
- Access to our online training hub; for training, injury and nutritional advice
- Support emails and lots of fundraising tips
- Digital Fundraising pack, sponsorship forms and all the materials you may require
- Dedicated member of the Events Team to help with any queries
Why walk, jog or run for us in the Lake District Challenge?
By becoming a #WishHero in the Lake District Challenge, you'll be helping to transform lives for children like Ben, whose One True Wish was to go Kayaking with Steve Backshall.