Income & Administration Assistant
Closing date: 15th August 2022
Response email: [email protected]
Make-A-Wish is looking for an enthusiastic Income & Administration Assistant to provide excellent administrative support and ensure our donors have a magical supporter experience.
In this busy and varied role, you'll be responsible for Income processing, the thanking of donations and the fulfilment of fundraising materials, with the support of volunteers, to ensure supporters receive what they need on time. The work of this role will ensure efficient and effective processing of income from supporters and donors as well as providing excellent supporter care, supporting the growth of income and the encouragement of repeat support allowing for a sustainable income for Make-A-Wish.
Right now, over 60,000* children in the UK are eligible for a wish because they have a life-limiting or life-threatening condition, a diagnosis that changes their lives and the lives of their families forever.
The power of a wish revives a childhood stolen by critical illness. It brings light and joy to children and their loved ones, with a profound and lasting impact on all their lives.
However, granting wishes takes volunteers, community support, skills and donations to help children feel like children again. So, we’re looking for people like you to help.
We're seeking an individual who can demonstrate commitment to the Make-A-Wish cause and to our values: Be Magical, Be Inclusive and Be Inspiring. You'll enjoy working as part of a team as well as being able to work independently.
We're a flexible organisation that promotes agile working and had the technology in place for employees to work from home before the pandemic. We also work out of accessible, bright, airy offices directly opposite Reading train and bus stations.
Some of the Income & Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver a magical experience for Make-A-Wish supporters
- Be responsible for processing and coding of all income onto the fundraising database ensuring that all income information is accurate and kept up to date within required timescales, including ensuring all legal duties are met
- Maximize Gift Aid donations and investigation of anonymous donations
- Maintain database integrity and accuracy of records
- Ensure all Donors & Supporters have been thanked for their donations in a magical, courteous and sensitive manner with a focus on surprise and delight or pass to the correct person to acknowledge where appropriate
- Provide fulfilment of fundraising materials required by the Income and Engagement Team
- Provide ad-hoc administration and data support to the wider team
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Experience of processing/inputting data
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills at all levels, both written and oral
- The ability to work under your own initiative without supervision
- Be led by the needs of the Wish Child in all we do and make decisions as close to the child as possible. Wherever possible by the child
If this sounds like a role you'd like to take on, please take a look at the full job description and apply using the application form below.
If you'd like to find out more about the role and/or the organisation, please contact us via email [email protected]. We'll be happy to chat with you.
*The report “Estimating Current and Future Prevalence of Children and Young People who would be eligible for the Make-A-Wish Foundation” was published in November 2020 with research by Deborah Gibson-Smith, Stuart Jarvis & Lorna Fraser from the Department of Health Sciences, University of York & by Paul Norman from the School of Geography, University of Leeds.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS check will be requested where required. Employment is subject to positive references and proof of the right to work in the UK.
Make-A-Wish is also committed to attracting and recruiting diverse people as it is vital that we strive towards ensuring that our trustees, employees, ambassadors, and volunteers reflect the communities we seek to serve.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be in the Reading hub 3-4 days per week and 1-2 days remotely.
Full Time Permanent
Please read the full job description before applying. Please complete the job application below and send to [email protected].
Please note that applications without the completed form will not be considered.
Closing date: 15th August 2022
Interview dates: Week commencing Monday 22nd August 2022