Working for Make-A-Wish
"I’m still in awe of the amazing things we all do each day."
Make-A-Wish is a good employer and a great place to work because:
- We are a fantastic charity doing work that really matters
- We provide a friendly and professional working environment in which every individual is valued
- We are passionate about our work and have fun doing it
We aim to ensure that no employee, job applicant, volunteer, wish child or wish family receives less favourable treatment than any other. We are an equal opportunities employee and our long term aim is that the composition of our workforce and volunteer base should broadly reflect the various communities we serve and in which we operate.
"I am so proud to work for Make-A-Wish."
- We reward our employees with a competitive package that includes salary and other benefits, in line with their role and experience
- Annual leave varies according to the post but rises with service
- We allow employees to take up to two days of additional paid leave a year, to volunteer for identified charitable programmes or activity
- Most positions are full-time, although we do have some part-time and job share posts
- We operate a non-contributory pension scheme into which we pay 6% of the value of the employee’s monthly salary value and have in place a Death in Service scheme for all employees’ spouses/dependants whilst they are an employee of the charity
- We provide staff with the support and training required to do their job to a high standard and we are keen to encourage them in their personal and professional development
- We reimburse employees for their eye test examination fee and contribute towards the cost of their glasses every two years
- We are signed up with a payroll giving agency, allowing employees the option of making charitable donations direct from their pay, before tax is deducted
"People pulling together to help others, using their knowledge and expertise to help those around to all achieve the same goal."